The Eco-Index Network aims to encourage industries within these areas to take active part in minimizing adverse impacts to the environment. Eco-Index will promote eco-industrial development approaches among industrial estates and other industries in Laguna-Batangas-Cavite areas. The network will enjoin industries, through partnering with resource organizations, to practice resource recovery, recycling and reuse in order to minimize waste generation. It will provide venue for facilitation information exchange, networking and collaboration on environmental and related initiatives.
The following activities will form Eco-Index‘s support program for its members:
- Awareness Sessions on Eco-Industrial Development
- In-house trainings and seminars on Industrial Ecology, By Product Exchange, Resource Recovery, Regulatory Compliance and other Environmental Management Tools
- Maintenance of an online portal and waste (by product) generation database in selected Industrial Estates
- Environmental Management Directory for Industrial Estates and Locators (i.e. list of theaters, list of service providers, list of government agencies etc.)
- Development of publications, manuals and guidebooks on relevant industrial estate management concerns
- Organize Advocacy and Events to promote sustainable industrial development through resource recovery and eco-efficiency and community building initiatives
- The members of the Industrial Estates are:
- Camelray Industrial Parks 1 and 2
- Light Industrial and Science Parks 1 and 2
- Laguna International Industrial Park
- Calamba Premier Industrial Park
- Laguna Techno Park Inc.
- First Cavite Industrial Estate
- First Philippine Industrial Park; and
- Lima Technology Center
The Eco-Index Network is being supported by partners such as UNDP, through its program called EPIC (Environmental Management Program for Industry Competitiveness), Laguna Lake Development Authority-Community Development Division and the Department of Trade and Industry –Board of Investments.
Since its formation in 2001, Eco-Index has successfully mounted Resource Recovery Event annually and through such events, facilitated and transfers of large volumes of industrial by-products and waste materials from the generators or industrial wastes, mainly the locators of the various IEs, to the recyclers of such industrial by-products and materials. Thus, large volume of waste materials kept out of the waste stream and therefore out of the environment. This prolongs the life of existing landfills and delaying the opening of new ones.
The Network Secretariat:
Environmental Management Programme for Industry Competitiveness (EPIC)
Board of Investments, 5/F Industry and Investments Bldg., 385 Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City 1209 Philippines
Telephone Number: (632) 899-5688
Laguna Lake Development Authority - Community Development Division (LLDA-CDD)
4th Floor, Annex Building, Sugar Regulatory Administration (SRA) Compound, North Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Telephone Number: (+63 2) 379-1768 / (+63 2) 376-4069